Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Inch by Inch....


Cutting the Centerboard Case Logs went well. The bandsaw coped admirably, those dinky 3 wheel models may not be perfect, but they are better than a Jigsaw. I wandered more than the saw blade, but that's what course sandpaper is for.

The wood for the scaffold had arrived. I have also built a simple water level out of a 5 meter clear plastic tube (ebay), a plastic bottle, and some silicon sealant. Add some soap to the water to reduce the meniscus, and it's more accurate than I'll ever be. Total Cost, a whole lot less than a high end laser level, and perfectly visible in daylight.

I now have everything I need to start assembling the frames.

On the next good weather day, I'll be cutting the scaffold. The verticals will be pointed and simply pounded into the garden. I guess that once I am finished building the boat, I will have to dig and reseed that section of the grass.

This will get all the frames out of the kitchen at last. (Thanks for being so patient Caroline.)

4 comments:

Darren said...

You have NOT been keeping the frames stacked in the kitchen all winter!

Rational Root said...

They are in against the wall out of the way.

Robert said...

I convinced my wife that I could build the boat in out two-car garage and still have space for her car in there... I'm afraid of telling her that would probably not be case.

Rational Root said...

I hope my wife is still as supportive when she seen how much of the back garden gets taken up....