Sunday, July 03, 2011

The Mast Track

 

When Monday comes, I need to order some more high build primer and wait for it to arrive. In the mean time, I set to work on the mast. The last big job there was the Mast Track.

It's all screwed into place.

I was a little worried about the join (the track only comes in 3 meter lengths), but I used and adjustable spanner to hold the two tracks in line while I screwed them down. I also ran some sand paper back and forth on the inside of the ends of the track to make a tiny bevel so there would be nothing for the slides to catch on if the pieces were slightly out of line.

The sail go up and down nicely.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vic. said...

Hey Dave, your really coming along.
Cheers to you.

I have spent the past year unable to do much of anything due to a back injury last August.

I have had 2 back surgeries, as well as having my gall bladder removed. I've had enough of hospitals for a long time.

I hope to get back to work on my own little boat project sometime soon...

Best wishes to you and yours,
Vic

Vic. said...

Hey Dave,

Your boat is really coming along. It must feel great.

I've been having a bit of bad luck over the last year. 2 back surgeries, a third to remove a failing gall bladder, and a lot of time in the hospital.

The pictures you've posted look great. I went back and re-read all of your posts since I left off a couple of years ago... Very nice. I see you are becoming a bit of an instructor... and a bit safety minded too. Great stuff Dave... great stuff.

Keep up the great work.
Vic